- Algebraic Vision Research Cluster at ICERM, Feb 2019. Presented current work on shape from shading.
- Theory and Practice in Machine Learning and Computer Vision Workshop at ICERM, Feb 2019. Will present poster from October 2018.
- Visiting the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, April-May 2019. In Leipzig, Germany.
- Workshop on Real Algebraic Geometry at ICERM, October 2018, presenting a poster titled “Representing the Space of Visual Depth Ambiguities as a Real Affine Variety”.
- S3PM (Shape, Solid, Structure & Physical Modeling) at UC Berkeley, June 2017. Received a NSF student travel award.
- ISIT (Information Theory) at RWTH Aachen University in Germany, June 2017, giving a talk titled The Number of Independent Sets in Hexagonal Graphs. Slides from my talk.
- SIAM-AG (Algebraic Geometry) at Georgia Tech, July 2017, presenting a poster titled Induced Probability Measures on Persistence Diagrams. My poster.
My research sits at the intersection of statistics, geometry, and topology.
Programming languages: I prefer Python (notebooks) and MATLAB, but also have experience with C++, Java, and HTML/CSS. In addition, I am familiar with Mathematica and LaTeX, and a little bit of Magma. I also enjoy making mathematical figures in Adobe Illustrator — for example, those on this page!
Teaching experience: I was a teaching fellow ENGSCI 150 (Introduction to Probability for Engineers) at Harvard in Spring of 2015. I am honored to have received a Certificate of Excellence in Teaching, based on student evaluations.