I’m Kathryn, a sixth-year Ph.D. candidate studying low-level computer vision with Prof. Todd Zickler. I have been working toward a doctoral degree in Applied Mathematics (AM) at Harvard SEAS as a Draper Laboratory Fellow since September 2014. I received an MS in AM from Harvard in November 2016, and a BS in AM from UCLA in June 2014. I will be participating in the AI Residency at X (formerly Google X) this summer.
Let’s chat! Email: email@example.com
I was a teaching fellow for ENGSCI 150 (Introduction to Probability for Engineers) at Harvard in the spring of 2015. I am honored to have received a Certificate of Excellence in Teaching, based on student evaluations.
(in order of preference)
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Graphics Colloquium at MIT CSAIL, Oct 2019. Gave a talk on current work on shape from shading.
- Workshop on Real Algebraic Geometry at ICERM, October 2018, presenting a poster titled “Representing the Space of Visual Depth Ambiguities as a Real Affine Variety”.
- S3PM (Shape, Solid, Structure & Physical Modeling) at UC Berkeley, June 2017. Received a NSF student travel award.
- ISIT (Information Theory) at RWTH Aachen University in Germany, June 2017, giving a talk titled The Number of Independent Sets in Hexagonal Graphs. Slides from my talk.
- SIAM-AG (Algebraic Geometry) at Georgia Tech, July 2017, presenting a poster titled Induced Probability Measures on Persistence Diagrams.
You may notice some diversity in my work — I wear a lot of hats!
- Heal K, Wang J, Gortler S, Zickler T. A Lighting-Invariant Point Processor for Shading ; (In review). 2019.
- Ding J, Shahrampour S, Heal K, and Tarokh V. Analysis of Multi-State Autoregressive Models ; IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2018.
- Deng Z, Ding J, Heal K, Tarokh V. The Number of Independent Sets in Hexagonal Graphs ; 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT). 2017.
- Enyioha C, Magnusson S, Heal K, Li N, Fischione C, Tarokh V. On Variability of Renewable Energy and Online Power Allocation ; IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2017.
- Enyioha C, Magnusson S, Heal K, Li N, Fischione C, Tarokh V. Robustness Analysis for an Online Decentralized Descent Power Allocation Algorithm. 2016 Workshop on Information Theory and its Application. 2016.
- Magnusson S, Heal K, Enyioha C, Li N, Fischione C, Tarokh V. Convergence of Limited Communications Gradient Methods, in American Control Conference. Boston, MA ; 2016.
- Magnusson S, Enyioha C, Heal K, Li N, Fischione C, Tarokh V. Distributed Resource Allocation with Limited Bandwidth Communications for Power Networks, in Conference on Information Sciences and Systems. Princeton, NJ ; 2016.
- Gilles J, Heal K. A parameterless scale-space approach to find meaningful modes in histograms – application to image and spectrum segmentation. International Journal of Wavelets, Multiresolution and Information Processing. 2014.